Re: Greater Prairie Chicken LEK

Subject: Re: Greater Prairie Chicken LEK
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Wed May 30, 2007 8:13 am ((PDT))
>>>There's two of those calls in your recording now that I check again
(a band-pass at 300 Hz provided me with a nice overview). The first
is at 0:47. That would work out to 0.9 displays/minute... are they
more frequent in other parts of your recording?<<<

If you get a chance, David, to get out to one of these leks, you will
worship the plane that took you there!

Yes the booming becomes more evident the more males enter the lek. We had 3
females enter at one stage and all hell broke loose. It was like a bar on a
Friday night in London, all the guys trying to pull the good looking chick,
it was hilarious at times to watch...

Martyn

Martyn Stewart

Bird and Animal Sounds Digitally Recorded at:

http://www.naturesound.org

Redmond. Washington. USA

N47.65543 W121.98428

e-mail: