Re: Quicktime problem

Subject: Re: Quicktime problem
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Sat May 5, 2007 10:08 pm ((PDT))
At 3:47 PM -0400 5/5/07, Robin Carter wrote:
>This might be slightly off-topic, but I have not been able to find an answ=
er
>elsewhere and I think that at least some Nature Recordists have dealt with
>this problem.
>
>I have been using Quicktime as an audio player in conjunction with Firefox
>and Windows XP for surfing the net. Up until recently this has worked just
>fine, but with the current version of Quicktime (version 7.1.5.120) only
>about 3 seconds of an MP3 download play and no more.

Hi Robin--  When you click on the link to the soundfile, does a
regular QT player embed in a plain gray window? When you click on the
"play" arrow, do both the controller and the sound stop playing after
3 seconds?

What happens when you click on the play button again? Does this
interrupted play problem happen every time? Does it only happen when
playing mp3's?

There are some reported bugs in v7.1.5 so maybe it wouldn't hurt to
upgrade to 7.1.6 as Thomas suggests.  If the problem persists with
Message: 7.
Subject: 1.6 and you do un-install, you can also install 7.1.3:
http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/ I know of quite a few working
systems with WinXP and QT v7.1.3.