Re: Hats and Headphones !

Subject: Re: Hats and Headphones !
From: "Greg Simmons" simmosonics
Date: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:18 pm ((PDT))
Rory wrote: "One of the original Tilley hats in a larger size than you norm=
ally
take might do it..."

I use a cheap imitation Tilley* that I bought in a trekking shop in
Kathmandu, because the sun can be very fierce at high altitudes and
Legionnaire-style hats are ridiculous with headphones. When recording,
I simply fold the sides up and use the press studs to hold them in
place, so there is no restriction on my choice of headphones. Works
very well...

I got the size that fitted me snugly, of course, because I wear the
headphones over the top of the hat.

But it is normally cold where I am working and so I have a high collar
I can lift up to cover any exposed areas of my neck beneath the
headphones. In a hot climate, I am sure a bit of sunscreen would
protect the exposed areas for the duration of the time that you're
wearing headphones. The headphones provide protection for my ears, of
course.

- Greg Simmons

*I'm not in the habit of buying cheap imitations of anything - the
thought sickens me - but this was all I could find.