Re: Sony survey (was free advice for Sony and HHB

Subject: Re: Sony survey (was free advice for Sony and HHB
From: "Walter Knapp" waltknapp
Date: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:18 pm ((PDT))
Posted by: "Chuck B"

> Rob Danielson wrote:
>
>> If Sony sent you a general URL, pass it around and others will chime
>> in.   It does seem reasonable to ask them to not defeat simple file
>> usb drag-copy transfers-- the disc volume mounts very reliably on Mac
>> and PC as-is. The other piece we need is the ATRAC decode software.
>> I'd like to see it as a plug-in so I could expand, EQ, gain boost and
>> transfer to 24 bits all in one step directly from the oma or wav file
>> in my editing time line. There was talk of  Sony providing this plug
>> in their software, Sound Forge.  With an oma decoder in hand, I'd
>> feel more comfortable archiving the oma files. Rob D.

Sony's SoundForge 9 software (a full out sound editing/processing
program) does handle ATRAC/oma and so on both opening and saving. As
well as a long list of other formats. It's windows only, and not free.
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/products/product.asp?PID=3D431

>     OK, here it is. I don't know if it was personally addressed and will=

> fail if someone else uses it, but ...... And you have to go through a
> lot of very "marketing" questions to get to the end and the suggestions
> you want to make. Don't give up.
>
> https://ask17.synovate.net/mrIWeb/mrIWeb.dll?i.project=3DJ9H3909&id=3D109=
36192&password=3D679509

It was personally addressed. This is a recognizable link for Global
Opinion Panels/Synovate's survey participation link, of which I've been
a online panelist for years. I do many surveys per month as a panelist
on all kinds of subjects. In fact their requests are specific as to
which one of us here they want for a particular survey. The link
contains the id of the survey and password of the panelist and will only
work once to keep any panelist from doing what folks are trying here, ie
stack the results. Participants are selected using statistical random
sampling methods.

This group is a contract survey company, Sony probably contracted a
survey with them. Not all surveys I get are obvious as to who is the
client, but some are.

I belong to several survey panels like this. If you get the chance, it's
a way to have a tiny bit of influence, so worth going through the sheer
boredom of most surveys.