Re: Just starting... should I buy an Mp3 recorder???

Subject: Re: Just starting... should I buy an Mp3 recorder???
From: "Danny Meltzer" dannymeltzer
Date: Wed Apr 4, 2007 6:03 pm ((PDT))
Well for $200 you won't get THAT far...but you can maybe get started.
 I'm not sure what kind of recorder you can get for $100 or so...I'd
maybe try to get one that records WAVs and MP3's since uncompressed
sound files will sound much better generally.  The Edirol R9 is a
popular small cheap recorder that has its drawbacks, but might be a
good starter device.  I think it's like $300 or $400 though.  If you
are really limited to $100 for the recorder you may want to get a
minidisc recorder...you'll get better quality in that price range with
that format.  Of course then you have to buy discs and transfer them
in real time.

Mic-wise...let me be the hundredth guy to recommend the Shure WL183
mics.  You can buy two of them for $160 and they are great.

Search the archives for millions of pages of discussion of these mics.

Danny

--- In  "jerkabobber"