Re: K6/ME66 noise.

Subject: Re: K6/ME66 noise.
From: "Rich Peet" richpeet
Date: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:39 am ((PDT))
Sorry, I can not use the evil Quicktime on my system screws up my
entire audio system.

Please let me know what your conclusions are.

My test of my me-62 shows 3db higher noise at 13,000 cycles using the
battery.

Rich

--- In  "Phil Tyler"
<> wrote:

> Hi
>
> There was mention of there possibly being extra noise on the K6/ME66
when powered by
> battery as opposed to being powered by phantom power.
>
> Well finding myself with some spare time at work I rigged up my
K6/ME66 into a Focusrite
> Red Stereo Pre and connected its output to the line-in of my Hi-MD,
sorry I did not have
> anything else available. I then made two recordings one with the
Focusrite supplying 48
> volt phantom and the second with the K6 unit battery powered. The
gain was set at 60dB
> (max) on the Focusrite for both recordings and the line-in of the
Hi-MD was set to manual