Recorder Advice

Subject: Recorder Advice
From: "aaron s" dezesticks
Date: Sat Mar 3, 2007 6:55 am ((PST))
Two Hi-MD brand new [2 years ago], four months on the
Manu Road, One broken Hi-MD, two failed disc and a
months worth of lost data. I hated early Sonic Stage
programs. I have learn that since we last used it they
have changed many of the problems I had with it.

Two M-Audio MicroTracks [Loners from a friend], three
months in Costa Rica cloud forest. Not the first
problem.

Two Edirol R-09, 5 months on the Manu Road, one broken
mic input [became the playback recorder], no other
problems.

The M-Audio has won our field test, if only they used
AAs. But most important is with the both of the flash
recorders we never lost any data.

I also use a Iriver h120 but have issues with it as
well. I used a Sony Dat recorder for over 15 years
that I loved but it has its problems as well. Had a
early version of the MD that I was happy with but the
low sound quality limited its use for me. I have used
M-Audio [Midi-Man] products in the studio for years
and they have never failed me.

Aaron S

CHECK OUT www.custommarimba.com

For marimba, mbira, mallets, and hosho.