Recorder Advice

Subject: Recorder Advice
From: "stoatwizard" stoatwizard
Date: Sat Mar 3, 2007 2:31 am ((PST))
--- In  Klas Strandberg <>
wrote:
> I have version 4.2. Is that worse? I have problems all the time with
> it. Have to initiate transfer 5-10 times before it works.

I don't know  - After installing sonicstage 3.4 I gained everything I
needed in terms of being able to convert to WAV and transfer multiple
times. So I took the line if it ain't broke don't fix it and stuck with
it

> I have formatted the disc's. Why is that a problem?

I believe it was someone on here or phonography that warned me off
doing that. I used to format the discs to clear them and occasionally
had to retry a couple of times to transfer files. Now the only times I
may have to retry is if I am impatient and make the computer do
something else at the same time as sonic stage is transferring.
However, I can't say I've analysed whether not formatting was the one
thing I changed to sort out the problem, as I also learned not to
edit/delete/split tracks on the MD at the same time.