Bird songs

Subject: Bird songs
From: "Jim Morgan" fundador_four
Date: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:23 am ((PST))
Good morning,

It was 9 df here this morning in Prescott Arizona, and my feeders were full=
 of hungry birds. Too cold to do much so I thought I would post a few recor=
dings.

#1 The song of a male Anna's Hummingbird, perched in a cottonwood tree, abo=
ut seven feet away. The song consists of groups of raspy zeee zeee zeee not=
es occasionally interrupted by a sharper cherp reick chick chick call. Note=
 that the raspy zeee zeee zeee calls are very common, but the sharper cherp=
 reick chick chick is, in my experience, rather uncommon.

#2  Pre-dawn calling: Near the end of June, a Cassin's Kingbird would start=
 calling in the pre-dawn dark from the top of a cottonwood tree in my yard =
(forty feet from our open bedroom window). The sessions were very lengthy, =
perhaps as long as half an hour. This is the second year that a Cassin's Ki=
ngbird has sung in the pre-dawn from this very same tree. Songs from both y=
ears sound almost identical.

#3 Western Bluebirds calling

#4 An American Robin singing in the dark.

#5 Phainopepla - A single male calling "pretty bird" and the cheeer call.

#6 A Brown Canyon Storm

#7, 8 & 9 Sandhill Cranes et al. All the same recording but #9 has had the =
noise reduced using Adobe.

http://www.wingsofnature.com/downloads/

Cheers on a cold morning,

Jim