Re: "A whining sound"

Subject: Re: "A whining sound"
From: "Anders =D6stberg" ostberg2001
Date: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:25 pm ((PST))
> Hej Anders och v=E4lkommen till listan! (Swedish)

tack! (swedish)

> You are right - releasing a million (??) recorders with "a whining
> sound" is not a joke, it's an insult.

i had to download a new firmware to my philips (610) dvd-recorder i
bought, as it made *awful noise* when playing dvd's. that's an insult
too.

i am not saying that zoom h4 is perfect. it has disadvantvages. you
have to cope with that. but you still have to name the perfect
recording equipment that everyone praise and no one saying: 'don't buy
that', 'the preamp sucks', 'lousy  specs', 'internal mics are bad', 'my
thumb is too thick for the buttons', 'bad interface', 'old technology
and low resolutions', 'can't transfer files to my computer', 'not worth
the heavy price tag', 'doesn't support this i/o and that i/o '...and so
on

> I would have accepted it if I had found a note on red paper with the
> manual: "This product will not work properly unless you download the
> newest firmware", but there was no such note in my package.

no note in my package of my philips (610) dvd-recorder either

> I didn't
> know there was a new firmware to solve this problem and neither did
> JAM, the biggest dealer in Sweden, from which I bought it. They
> didn't even know about the error.
> I will download and hope it solves the problem.
>
> But how to connect two channels into stereo, setting the gain on
> both, simultaneously?
> I have read the manual, but....

see page 31 and further on

/anders