Re: "A whining sound" Zoom H4

Subject: Re: "A whining sound" Zoom H4
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Tue Jan 9, 2007 7:55 am ((PST))
The whine could be a permanent flaw of the H4. Maybe folks know of an
exception, but all I've encountered is the whine and consistent
reports of it when recording at 44.1K/16 and 48K/24 but NOT when
recording at 96K/24. Here's my test:
http://www.uwm.edu/~type/audio-art-tech-gallery/pages/SD722_Rolls%3EHiMD_Sa=
msonH4.html
Maybe there's a firmware fix? I couldn't find an firmware upgrade. Rob D.

--
Rob Danielson
Peck School of the Arts