Re: field recording with digital mics

Subject: Re: field recording with digital mics
From: "Walter Knapp" waltknapp
Date: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:55 am ((PST))
Posted by: "Lou Judson"

> $1200 for a mono, onmi mic and recorder? I don't think so, unless you
> do radio interviews or like expensive (if professional) toys. Now if
> they had an MS mic capsule stereo option, I'd be VERY interested!

About all that was interesting to me was that a company like HHb would
put one out. I kind of consider such things to belong in the toy
department. I kind of suspect that their target market may be ENG.

Yes it would have to be stereo to get more than a passing look by me.

Of course it's another example of ad man lies as it's just a regular
analog mic in there. No more digital than the Neumann or any of the
other such. I suppose in time digital won't be a word that draws
customers and we will quit seeing it misused quite as much. I do think
the experiments of combining pre and AD are interesting and should
continue. But only if they don't add to the price of quality high end
mics. I'm definitely not made of money.