Re: Gear

Subject: Re: Gear
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:21 pm ((PST))
At 3:09 PM +0900 12/13/06, Mark R. wrote:
>sorry the comparisons link doesn't work :(
>
>-M

Perhaps try:
http://www.uwm.edu/~type/audio-art-tech-gallery/pages/MicroTrack_NH900_722_=
IMA-QT-present.html
other tests here:
http://www.uwm.edu/~type/audio-art-tech-gallery/

At ~$2000USD/=A31000 for a stereo ri,.I'd be
tempted to spend over $1000 of it towards a pair
of mics and accessories (rather than $1000-$1500
on a recorder and $500 on mics,..)

Are you leaning towards omni-directional mics
(like the NT-5's)? If so, you might look into the
Audio Technica-3032's and Curt Olson's rigs.
http://www.trackseventeen.com/soundscapes/  These
are less expensive mics, there are several more
expensive ones.  What are your priorities? Are
you interested primarily in recording close-up
calls or stereo ambience or both?  Rob D.

>On 12/13/06, Mark R. <> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi Sweinung,
>>
>>  The non-professional entry Martyn mentioned will probably be a HiMD
>>  recorder along with a Rolls PB224 dual phantom power adaptor. Rob Danie=
lson
>>  of this group has championed this combination and has made quite a few =
side
>>  by side
>>comparisons<http://www.uwm.edu/~type/Mic%2520Preamps/MicroTrack_NH900_722=
Compare.mov>with