Re: Bat detector

Subject: Re: Bat detector
From: "Rich Peet" richpeet
Date: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:26 pm ((PST))
--- In  "Martyn Stewart" <>
wrote:

> Using my existing recorders with the MKH-series makes no sense to
me? The
> MKH-110 will not record anything above 20,000Hz but it will pull
everything
> in below as it will record down to 1Hz? Elephants and crocs yes but
bats!!!!
> How would you record such high frequencies with that idea Rich?
Certainly

My recordings are limited to 24/96. The MKH-110 does not have a
problem at all up to 42,000 cycles.  Just try it and see if you can
figure where that mic starts to choke. I bet recording at 16/192 the
mkh-110 will surprise you.

If you would like me to repost an mp3 of a slowed down feeding bat I
would be glad to. My software is Audition for both record and post
edit on bats.  I use the spectral display to see as I record.  With
the SD744 I suspect you will have to just watch the bat, but maybe the
LED peak display will work up to 90,000 cycles.  I have not heard
anyone comment on the peak display limits of those series 7 recorders.

Rich