Re: SD 702 naming convention

Subject: Re: SD 702 naming convention
From: "Rory" rory_ca2
Date: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:31 am (PDT)
To elaborate a bit, I think that the point here is that one does not
have to use a folder name or file name to record the recording date or
time of recording. That information, as well as other information, is
already in the file's bext or ixml metadata, and the metadata can be
edited to add additional information. It's just a question of
accessing the metadata, and being able to use it to find and organize
files. Any decent sound editing programme, such as Adobe Audition, can
do that. I think that Widget has a better interface than Audition, but
the latter will do the job. Indeed, it's possible with Audition to
embed a lot of information about a sound file, as well as designate
key words for search purposes.

Cheers.