SD 702 naming convention

Subject: SD 702 naming convention
From: "ortfmic" ortfmic
Date: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:18 pm (PDT)
The Sound Devices 7-series recorders were designed with movie and
video production in mind; as a result, the "scene" and "take number"
naming convention does not directly translate to field recording. Or,
does it?

To other owners of 7-series recorders who are not in film, how are you
using the naming convention to fit your work? Have you found a way to
name a file after recording?

I'm using daily folders and a naming convention that is -01.WAV,
-02.WAV, and so on. When I firewire to my computer, the filenames mean
nothing; that is, they don't reflect the content.

Tom