Re: interview with Steven Feld

Subject: Re: interview with Steven Feld
From: "Aaron Ximm" aaron_gmail
Date: Sat Sep 9, 2006 6:01 pm (PDT)
On 9/9/06, oryoki2000 <> wrote:
> Here's a link to an interview with field recordist Steven Feld.  Feld
> is a professor of anthropology and music, and has recorded natural and
> cultural soundscapes for 25 years.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/le2nv
>
> This came to my attention when I read a note posted by Leonard
> Lombardo (maker of Sonic Sense gear) at the Tapers Section forum. Feld
> uses Sonic Sense mics, among others.

That's Sonic Studios btw. The Sonic Sense I know is a retailer in
Colorado I think.

I have two of Feld's "Bells" disks and really like them. Not nature
recording but as evocative ambiances they are exactly the sort of
thing that really tickles me, right down to the hand-wavey conceptual
justification for them as "coherent" projects... :)

 best,
 aaron

--

  quietamerican.org