interview with Steven Feld

Subject: interview with Steven Feld
From: "oryoki2000" oryoki2000
Date: Sat Sep 9, 2006 6:35 am (PDT)
Here's a link to an interview with field recordist Steven Feld.  Feld
is a professor of anthropology and music, and has recorded natural and
cultural soundscapes for 25 years.

http://tinyurl.com/le2nv

This came to my attention when I read a note posted by Leonard
Lombardo (maker of Sonic Sense gear) at the Tapers Section forum. Feld
uses Sonic Sense mics, among others.

Lombardo's web site has links to MP3 cuts from three of Feld's recent
CDs on the subject of bells.  Find them here, part way down the page
http://www.sonicstudios.com/mp3.htm

Lombardo's web page has links to recordings made by group participants
Aaron Ximm and Rip Lyttle.

--oryoki