Re: Electronics, pricing and moral??

Subject: Re: Electronics, pricing and moral??
From: "Nick Roast" nick_felmicamps
Date: Sat Sep 2, 2006 9:39 am (PDT)
--- In  Chuck B <> wrote:

>"....Got a chuckle out of one of their promotional claims - the Dalek
voices in the latest Dr. Who were pre-amped with their product. Not the
greatest specs for distortion......"

Pleased we made you chuckle, I just thought I should clarify that in the
BBC's Dr Who the MicBooster was used purely to boost the audio level
froma Coles Lip mic before it went to the mixer to be recordedclean and
free of distortion. The Dalek voice was acheived seperately using a ring
modulator.

The biggest single user of our MicBooster preamps is actually NBC who
own 152 channels. They  use them as a clean and transparent front end
working into their normal broadcast desks on their sports coverage.

Our 3.5 Series preamps mentioned by Macmang4125 provide 20dB of clean,
low noise, undistorted gain and work from all sources of plug in power
(that we know of).

Nick Roast.   FEL Communications.

--- In  Chuck B <> wrote:

> macmang4125 wrote:
>
> >What about these:
> >http://www.felmicamps.co.uk/
> >A lot less than $350 USD, probably more around the $135 mark. They
would appear to do
> >what you want.
> >Phil
> >

>  Got a chuckle out of one of their promotional claims - the Dalek
voices in the latest Dr. Who were pre-amped with their product. Not the
greatest specs for distortion, one might say. Try to imagine Rod Stewart
speaking under water.