Re: Electronics, pricing and moral??

Subject: Re: Electronics, pricing and moral??
From: "stoatwizard" stoatwizard
Date: Fri Sep 1, 2006 8:35 am (PDT)
--- In  Klas Strandberg <> wrot=
e:

> If I want the same pay as the guy fixing my roof or the one mending my ca=
r,
> then I will need 350 USdollars for it.
>
> Can that be justified? Considering that the very same unit would cost 15=

> dollars at Radio Shack, if made in China??

Not as an effective market proposition in my view. Not so much because of t=
he mark-up, but because the customer will have had to have become informed =
by the time he gets to even hearing about this. Either he finds ahead of ti=
me that the Edirol R9 mic stage is rotten, adds the $350 to the $400 he wou=
ld have spent to get to a Marantz PMD660 or stretches himself to a Nagra Ar=
es-P2. Or he saves a hunk of cash and goes HiMD and spends the extra $ on g=
ood mics.

But heck, if you can get $350 out of people to fix their R9s then good luck=
 to you - at least they can trust you to deliver what you say you will so w=
hy not ;-)