Re: External mic for R-09

Subject: Re: External mic for R-09
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:46 pm (PDT)
You can forget about Edirol R-09 and plug in power. There is no way to get=

rid of the noise of the input amp. It's good enough for music and
journalism, but not for naturesound.

I fear that the output signal of the EM62 is too low.
But you could try: The ME62 steps up the 1,5 v battery voltage to 7,5 v and=

drive an amplifier with a buffer output.
That is the only way to override the Edirol 09 micamp noise. It could work.=

Try it.

Also read the new postings "New noisy mic amps!"

Klas.

At 17:16 2006-08-30, you wrote:
>Hi, can anybody recommend me an low noise external stereo mic for
>recording soft ambiances with
>the Edirol R-09?  I would prefer it worked with the PiP of the R-09,
>which as I am told is about
>2,6V. For me, the recording of louder ambiances with the internal mic
>works fine.
>
>I've red here about two Shure WL183 modifying them so they work with
>PiP, which is quite
>interesting for making binaural recordings.
>Would this also be possible with two Sennheiser ME2? I can have two of
>them but I don't
>know if they perform better or worse then the WL183.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Igor.
>

>"Microphones are not ears,
>Loudspeakers are not birds,