Re: Faux Fur colour, monopods

Subject: Re: Faux Fur colour, monopods
From: "Rich Peet" richpeet
Date: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:40 am (PDT)
I had suggested camo green with black tips just so the green wouldn't
be drab but would still be camo.

I can see wanting black in the tropics to raise the temp inside the
zep which will result in lowering the humidity on the mic.

White would help for keeping the bugs down and is the winter camo
color up here.

Red is used to insure that a hummingbird will check out the mic while
you are recording.

Of course patterns are an option as the colors are computer applied
and the most famious pattern for the fur is probably the dogs playing
poker.  So black and white spinner patterns for looking obvious could
be done.

I will be in Janesville, WI late Sept or Oct on Owl banding business
and will talk to the mill about getting a roll.  I had to give back to
a sis-in-law the sewing machine I had that could work this stuff but
will be back sewing sometime soon.  It use to be in years back that
this mill would sell their ends and blems by the pound.

Rich
I like monopods too.