Re: Faux Fur colour, monopods

Subject: Re: Faux Fur colour, monopods
From: "vicki powys" vickipowys
Date: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:48 pm (PDT)
To all,

Re the faux fur discussion, I am puzzled why black or brown or grey should
be a preferred colour?  If I was recording lyrebirds in Australia, I would
be looking for a dull greenish colour, to best blend with the shrubbery.
Brown looks too much like a fox or a cat or some other predatory animal.
Polar fleece comes in a dull green, but maybe not fur.

Also, I find using a monopod with a mic is very useful in the field, this a
compromise between tripod and hand holding, especially useful if stalking
and then having to hold mic still for half an hour or more (lyrebirds
again!)

Vicki Powys
Australia