Re: Suggstions for recording in Morocco

Subject: Re: Suggstions for recording in Morocco
From: "David K=FCrland" hdkurland
Date: Wed Aug 2, 2006 6:58 am (PDT)
Thanks for the story Kevin; in 2004 I spent several days & nights in
the desert near Erfoud, but the only wildlife I saw evidence of were
small beetles scurrying over the dunes and the tracks of foxes. The
silence, when the wind was not blowing, was remarkable.

As I mentioned I plan to spend some time recording the cranes that
nest in the ruins of a palace (I forget which one) in Marrakesh. The
city traffic noise is muted and I love the clacking sound the birds
make with their bills echoing off the tall walls of the inner
courtyard.

-David

--- In  "Kevin Wooding"
<> wrote:

> Long before I ever heard of Nature recording, about 18 years ago, I
spent a
> week in Morocco. As a 'precursor' of my germinating interest in
natural sound,
> one night of this time was spent out in the open on the edge of the
Sahara