Re: Oops, I meant Shure WL-183/power issues

Subject: Re: Oops, I meant Shure WL-183/power issues
From: "Danny Meltzer" dannymeltzer
Date: Wed Aug 2, 2006 12:54 pm (PDT)
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=3Ddetails_accessories&A=
=3Ddetails&Q=3D&sku=3D161668&is=3DREG&addedTroughValue=3D126667_REG&addedTr=
oughType=3Daccessory_detail

That was the only Shure power supply for the 183s I was aware of and
as you see, it is also a preamp.  But this gives +48 whereas my preamp
give plug-in power, but my 183s were rewired for this by Chris at SP.

I am not sure I have seen a "power supply only" for the 183s, but I
guess there's one out there somewhere.  The 183s come with TA3
connectors out of the box and to interface that with a normal Denecke
phantom power blue box or whatver would require rewiring or some crazy
adapter at best.  To be honest I don't know how that would work since
I am not an engineer enough to know how the power would pass from the
XLR to the TA3 connector properly.

Danny