Re: smallest recording solution

Subject: Re: smallest recording solution
From: "cfmspencer" cfmspencer
Date: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:13 am (PDT)
--- In  "oryoki2000" <>
wrote:

> "cfmspencer" wrote:
> > my aim is to figure out the absolute lightest
> > weight high quality setup possible...a 'minimal'
> > kit that I would never even consider leaving at the
> > trailhead becuase it weighed too much
>
> The new Sony MZ-RH1 ($300) is the lightest minidisc recorder
available
> today, about 100 grams and less than 110 cc in volume.  But you still
> need an external mic or two.

http://www.mdcenter.nl/redirect.php?
file=http://www.mdcenter.nl/artikelen/mzrh1/index_en.php

for those interested, here is the most comprehensive review
I could find on the new sony MD player thT Oryoki mentioned.

minidisk is all very new to me, but it seems as if Sony
has been dragged kicking and screaming into the real
world populated with iPods and iRivers.

this new MD player is fully conversant with MP3s, USB 2.0,
and even apparently Macs.  While I am not familiar with all
the limitations imposed via Sonic Stage, apparently many of
these are gone as well.

the review claims that this recorder is designed with the
'professional' audio recorders in mind.

thanks Oryoki for the headsup,
this device is definitely worth looking into as my LW recorder,
albeit with separate mics (and whatnot).

clay