Re: Sandisk flash card data not being recognized by Edirol R-1, fr=

Subject: Re: Sandisk flash card data not being recognized by Edirol R-1, fr=
From: "Allen Cobb"
Date: Thu May 18, 2006 9:35am(PDT)
ee

Hi Martyn,

I always liked SanDisk until this recent experience with 4G
cards, and the ensuing advice of the Marantz & Denon importer.

The SanDisk 4G I had so much trouble with (2 new cards) was a
model with a tiny slide switch that activated two 2G partitions
or 1 4G partition. It could be that this model of card is a bit
problematic.

On general principles, I don't like the idea of a mass storage
device relying on a slide switch smaller than a grain of wheat
that requires a small sharp instrument to activate.

The problematic SanDisk cards were also not a high speed model,
since the 670 recommends against using any brand of HS cards.
Interestingly, the R-1 specifically advises against the newest,
fastest cards unless you're running on external power.

ac

Allen Cobb
http://timbreproductions.com