Re: Sandisk flash card data not being recognized by Edirol R-1, fr=

Subject: Re: Sandisk flash card data not being recognized by Edirol R-1, fr=
From: "Allen Cobb"
Date: Wed May 17, 2006 10:39pm(PDT)
ee

I've had better luck formatting on a computer -- mainly because
I can choose the cluster size. Some non-computer devices require
a specific cluster size, which may not be the default in the
computer. (The R1 is also limited to 2G file sizes, regardless
of cluster size.)

However, Roland agrees with you -- they recommend formatting in
the R1. They also recommend SanDisk, although I've been unable
to format 4G SanDisk cards in any device (cameras, recorders,
PCs).

In any case, being ABLE to format the card in a computer is a
good confirmation that the card itself works.

ac

Allen Cobb
http://timbreproductions.com