Re: Sandisk flash card data not being recognized by Edirol R-1, fr=

Subject: Re: Sandisk flash card data not being recognized by Edirol R-1, fr=
From: "Allen Cobb"
Date: Wed May 17, 2006 10:12pm(PDT)
ee

Richard,

I tried 2 brand new SanDisk 4G cards in my PMD670, and neither
would work. After being unable to format them on either of two
PCs, I sent them back. Then D&M (Marantz distributor) told me
they stay far away from SanDisk, and recommend a few others,
including Lexar, PNY, Viking, Hitachi, and IBM. I got a PNY, and
it's been fine -- it formats in various cluster sizes on the PC,
and the PMD670 is happy with it.

The R1 might have a different reaction to SanDisk cards, but I
never got around to testing it (my R1 is out on loan). I'm now
very suspicious of SanDisk cards.

ac

Allen Cobb
http://timbreproductions.com