Re: Mid-side techinique with studio mics

Subject: Re: Mid-side techinique with studio mics
From: Curt Olson <>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 21:44:47 -0500
Bruce:

You'll need two mic stands, not a stereo bar. Orient the cardioid "M"
mic above the figure-eight "S" mic in the same vertical plane, with the
capsules as close together as you can get them, like this:

^

You would do the same for Blumlein.

Sorry I don't have a photo to depict this more clearly,

Curt Olson