Jecklin Disc

Subject: Jecklin Disc
From: "supernielsen" <>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 05:12:52 -0000
I'm in the process of gathering material to make a Jecklin disc to try
wtih my Schoeps omni mics. I've found some black 3/8" plexi that will
work for the middle, and mic clips are on order. The rest of the
mounting I'll invent as I go along.

I'm trying to find a source for some foam to use on the sides,
wondering if anyone here has ever built one, and might have some
ideas. I'm also contemplating using auto 'dynamatt', which is
basically a mass-vinyl sound absorber. But my fear is that it'll
absorb too much. I'm not sure the target for how absortive the foam on
the sides should be.

I'm planning to make a couple, test different materials. But if anyone
has built one and has any thoughts they'd like to share, I'd love to
hear them.

These first ones I figure will just be prototypes, for playing around
with, see what sounds the best, and then build a more 'refined' one
(or at least one where the nails and glue aren't showing)

Tim