Re: Re: M-Audio Microtrack 24/96 firmware update released

Subject: Re: Re: M-Audio Microtrack 24/96 firmware update released
From: "Mark R." <>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 16:33:39 +0900
Thanks Oriyoki and John,

Okay it makes more sense now. I can see how they felt it better to add an
automatic function to please those using 2 gig and 4 gig cards. Better for a
concert taper to have a nine second interruption than to miss the show
because he has to check to see if he has to restart the recording unit
again.  ;^)

Although, I get frustrated at companies who dumb down their products to the
point they become useless for creativity. Not wholly a nature recordists
perspective, but I have been in situations where the sparks of inspiration
come at anytime, and any break in that concentration can ruin the moment and
become a real frustration. In nature recording too, there are times when I
just want that recording to roll just as long as my concentration can hold
out. Looks like that concentration will be applied to saving my pennies for
the 722.

Best,

Mark