Re: mastering for cheap cd players

Subject: Re: mastering for cheap cd players
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:28:32 -0000
--- In  "Raimund Specht"
<> wrote:

It could also be a result of using a parabolic on this recording that
caused the 2nd harmonic to be greater than the first.  I do not see MD
as a factor because any defects should be transfered correctly in
.wav.  What I am seeing is that my little Minidisc outperforms many
redbook CD players out there.

To determine the impact of ultrasonics, the quality of the cutoff
filter, and the overall analog stages effects I recorded just the CD
redbook portion by analog out at 96khz at 16 bit.

2.6 meg download. Converted to mono to reduce file size.
http://home.comcast.net/~richpeet/96khz.wav

Rich