Re: reverb filters

Subject: Re: reverb filters
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 03:04:32 -0600
At 7:31 AM +0000 12/3/05, Romilly Hambling wrote:
>Thanks for those suggestions, though before trying I'll have to
>ask what a parametric eq (plug) is if it's not an x-band equaliser.

http://www.elementalaudio.com/products/eqium/
15 day free demo

>I should add that the original recordings are really very nice.
>There's almost no apparent input from the room, and certainly no
>stridency. The singer is about 4 ft from her mic, and the other mic
>is 7-8ft from the midpoint of the piano frame at the keyboard end
>(main part of piano lid is shut with just the end flap open).

With this micing, you may not have a stereo recording of ambience to
start with and might, indeed, have to introduce some potent effects
in post to fabricate a sense of a room and other qualities you
describe. I'll share the basic starting approach I'd take off-list.
Rob D.

,<snip>

--
Rob Danielson