Re: Rolls PB224 hookup?

Subject: Re: Rolls PB224 hookup?
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 23:23:37 -0500
At 7:33 PM -0700 10/29/05, Debbi B wrote:
>I meant, if I'm using just one mic for now, can the Y cable be used with
>just one mic attached?

Yes, with one condenser mic. I haven't tried it with one dynamic, but
then there would be no reason to use the Rolls with one dynamic mic
as you could plug it into the mic input with a simpler adapter cable.

>Another question came up as I was perusing Hosa cables.
>The ones I've
>looked at are balanced. The Rode looks balanced. How does that work with
>the Sony MZ-NH1 (and PB224)? Can someone explain it for me?

Most good mics are balanced and use standard mic cables (including
the Rode NT1-A).

Most balanced mics have an 3 pin XLR male conductor connector built-in.

A standard mic cable
http://www.audiogear.com/CanareMicCable.html (need 2 for stereo)

will have a 3 pin XLR female connector on one end to attach to the
mic and a 3 pin XLR male connector on the other end to connect to the
Rolls Mic input.

The $12v adapter cable that oryoki found is used between the Rolls
outputs and the HiMD mic input jack.
http://www.audiogear.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?key=3DAdptMniSP2Fxlr&preadd=3D=
action

Rob D.