Re: pmd660 dilemma (670?)

Subject: Re: pmd660 dilemma (670?)
From: "shtankyboy" <>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:25:10 -0000
Lower gain levels sound just fine.  My disgust was driven by the
quality of the recording with the gain pegged out at whatever the
max level is (there're no numbers on the knob).  I'm assuming that
this is the issue everyone but me seemed to know about before I
bought it.  I do a lot of field recording of tropical forest birds
that I can't see at a fair distance from me, so recording at high
gain is an absolute must for me.

I use a sennheiser ME66/K6, which I think is the type Marantz
recommends- I'd hate to hear what happens with a dynamic mic.

--- In  "John Hartog"