RE: Re: pmd660 dilemma (670?)

Subject: RE: Re: pmd660 dilemma (670?)
From: "Allen Cobb" <>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:28:03 -0500
Yes -- at low gain levels, I'm quite satisfied. I use NT1As,
which are high output (and very low self-noise), straight into
the XLRs, and usually don't turn the record level above 1.5 (on
the 670).

I also have the R-1, and am not impressed by its usability,
although the sound seems acceptable. I haven't used it a lot,
for other reasons.

If I were about to buy a CF recorder now, I'd take a close look
at the Tascam, assuming it is really going to be released soon.
One would expect them to have a good idea what pro recording is
all about, and how to do it for fairly low cost.

Allen Cobb

http://acobb.com
http://shakespeare.acobb.com
http://timbreproductions.com