Sennheiser MKH question

Subject: Sennheiser MKH question
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 15:56:45 -0500
Sorry, I was thinking of your ambient pieces. For truly isolating
sounds, a dish is profound a shotgun is okay. Paul Dickinson uses his
Telinga in cities all the time. There are other nice DIY stereo dish
designs mentioned on this list as well. As for MS shotguns, maybe
consider setting up an arrangement with a dealer where they charge
the rental for a few pairs to try side by side for a weekend and take
it off the price of the pair you decide on. After you've listened to
the mics overa weekend, you can weigh other factors like how often
you'd deal with extended periods of humidty etc. Rob D.

--
Rob Danielson
Film Department