Re: Reliability & Humidtiy (was mic check

Subject: Re: Reliability & Humidtiy (was mic check
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 02:04:00 EDT

In a message dated 8/30/2005 3:22:27 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,=20
 writes:

ME mic's  are electrets and not part of the discussion.
ME mic's are as reliable as  all other similar electrets, that is - quite
good.

I have been recording with the Sennheiser ME 66 and 67 for many  years. The=
have been real work horses. The only problem I have had with them is  at
highland and subtropical elevations where the humidity is high and the  tem=
perature
cool to cold. I have had them malfunction 3 times in these  conditions.
Recording volume drops and there is a hum in the recordings. When  things w=
arm up
all is fine. I doubt if the MKH series would have these  problems..at least=
have never heard of such.

I use MKH with my parabolic dish, but still use the MEs for a hand held =

microphone.

My best,

John

John V. Moore  Nature Recordings