Re: Inspector XL plug PC/Mac

Subject: Re: Inspector XL plug PC/Mac
From: Curt Olson <>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 09:51:21 -0500
>> Rob Danielson wrote:
> <snip>
>>> I'm finding that using three stereo "multi" plugs for six output
>>> channels doesn't require much CPU usage either.
>>
>> On a plug-heavy session yesterday, I found that adding the full
>> multi-meter version of Inspector XL to the master channel bogged
>> things down pretty badly -- on a G3 iBook. In general, the more
>> graphically intense a plugin is, the more it will slow down my
>> display.
>>

> Thanks for the report Curt. Others may also not get the performance I
> am.  I'm getting about 5% increase in CPU usuage per multi plug on a
> Tibook 1GHz G4/1GB ram. It could be that Logic is optimized to run on
> a G4 or a difference in graphics cards . Do you have a lot of RAM?
> Rob D.

640 MB RAM, which seems to be plenty, as far as I can tell. Processing
power is more likely the limiting factor. I imagine any G4 Mac will run
circles around a G3 like mine on just about any task. The first sign I
notice of overtaxing is usually a sluggish display, followed soon after
by buffer overruns (ProTools LE 6.4/Mac OS 19.3.9).

Curt Olson