Re: I have an Edirol R4 and now I'm looking for a portable p

Subject: Re: I have an Edirol R4 and now I'm looking for a portable p
From: "Greg Weddig" <>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 02:03:00 -0000
Hugo,
I recently used the Edirol R4 with a pair of Grace Lunatec preamps.  I
was using it for a surround nature recording at Yuba pass in
California.  When I get a moment, if you are interested, I can post my
results in a two track or four track file.
I did not have time to try the internal preamps with my Schoeps, Dan
Dugan may have had time to do listen to the preamps, any comments Dan?

Overall I found the R4 to be very easy to use, though the setup menu
left a bit to be desired in terms of ergonomics.  It seemed like there
was a lot of empty space in the case.  I believe the model I used had
built in batteries that another recordist before me noted didn't last
very long.  I used a power inverter and a gel cell battery to power
the unit and it lasted long enough for my use.

I have been using the Grace Lunatecs for several years and though they
are a bit heavy, especially when you include the external battery
(required,not optional) to me they are very transparent, easy to
operate, and very rugged.

--greg

--- In  "robleshugodaniel"