Re: The Cheap and Easy Way--as in really cheap and really easy

Subject: Re: The Cheap and Easy Way--as in really cheap and really easy
From: "Martin Schiff" <>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:37:53 -0000
I wrote a song a while back that is very similar in concept to what
you are trying to accomplish. It's called "Amphibian Walkabout" and
stars my backyard frogs. I believe they are some sort of African
transplant that was accidentally released in Central Florida and they
multiplied like crazy. We have hundreds of them in our backyard. They
are shaped like tree frogs, but grow quite large. I've seen some of
the big males as large as 8" long. They make a really loud whistling
sound (I think it's a mating call) that is painful to hear when there
are a couple of them doing it.

I used a Sharp minidisc recorder (MD MS-702) and a pair of Sound
Professionals premium microphones (AT853), powered by an SP battery
box, and plugged into the Line In (not the microphone input). It was
still so loud, I had to reduce the levels of that particular sound.

There are other backyard sounds as well, like crickets and softer
frog sounds. You can hear it at:

http://www.cdsol.com/cdsol/downloads/starbirth_amphibianwalkabout.mp3

-- Martin
http://www.starbirthmusic.com