OK, Looks As Though I Gotta Give In

Subject: OK, Looks As Though I Gotta Give In
From: "Scott" <>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:03:37 -0000
For quite awhile I've maintained that a solid state digital recorder
was the only thing I'd consider, but I'm beginning to think that an
inexpensive-to-moderately priced quality product won't be available
for a few years.  This reconsideration stems from the fact that my
early retirement package is now just two months away and I don't want
to postpone purchasing a recorder until solid state technology
reaches a higher level.=20

So . . . I suppose this means using the minidisc recorder that I was
trying to avoid.  Here's my initial (there surely will be others in
the future so please be patient with me) MD questions: (1) With solid
state the apparent wave of the future will MD products/parts be
available for at least a few years down the road?  (2) I've studied
www.minidisc.org yet the more I read the more confused I become.=20
It's like a maze attempting to compare one device against another.=20
Perhaps you would provide a bit of guidance.  I'm thinking in the
$300.00 to $400.00 price range for a recorder.  Microphones are
important - some would say all important - but since I'm not a sonic
perfectionist I won't aim for the absolute best.

For the next six to eight months I'll be experimenting with the
advice provided in a recent topic about very cheap and very easy
recording equipment.  Then during that period I'll attempt to arrive
at some consensus about purchasing something a bit better.

Thanks not only for your ideas but even more for your patience.  I'll
work at doing my own research but undoubtedly there will come those
times when some questions with rather obvious answers may appear in
my posting.

Scott