Spyware programs

Subject: Spyware programs
From: Klas Strandberg <>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:28:52 +0200

Just in case anyone can use it:

I have bought, registered and tested

Ad-Aware SE professional incl. Ad-Watch SE professional
Spybot - Search & Destroy,
Scan Spyware,
Security center and
Xoftspy.

They all focus on different malware and attack the problems differently.
Neither one of them could alone do the job I needed.

Scan Spyware is quick, finds spyware, tracking cookies and so on. Could not=

remove IFeats. No support.

I am unsure about the qualities of Spybot, but it has many qualified
options and a on-line blocker, "Tea Timer" - probably quite efficient. But=

it could not remove the IFeats I had.

Ad-Aware Professional could not remove the IFeats, but the Ad-Watch SE
prevented changes of my directory and further spreading of it.

Security Center is slow, but finally removed the IFeats. (running the
program in Windows safe mode) They say they give support, but none of my
questions have been answered.

Xoftspy did not remove IFeats, but they have an excellent on-line support!!=

They helped me clean up my PC from the remainings of IFeats, sending me
different software and instructions what to do. Couldn't have made it
without them and the additional software they sent me.

My own evaluation of best combination:

Freeware Spybot because of it's many options and free "tea-timer" and
Xoftspy, because of the excellent and personal support.

Klas.