Re: Stereo/Binaural Mic Arrays

Subject: Re: Stereo/Binaural Mic Arrays
From: Curt Olson <>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 09:27:53 -0500
Martyn Stewart wrote:

> http://loscan.home.mindspring.com/S.SASS.MKH20.mp3
>
> This is a sample of frogs using a SASS from Walt's website, they hold
> 2 x MKH-20's

Thank you for this link, Martyn. I checked it out and then went up one
notch in the directory where I found a number of other files -- some
SASS, some MS. I noted that those labeled SASS had a significantly more
interesting spacial feel than those labeled MS. Findings from my own
experiments would lead me to guess that it's due to the arrival-time
differential one gets by having capsules spaced a few inches apart in a
SASS, as compared to the coincident MS pair.

Incidentally, and somewhat off topic, I felt a bit like a trespasser
snooping around in Walt's file folder, especially since he's on the
road and can't respond here. Most of the time it probably doesn't
matter, but sometimes one might wish to keep folks from viewing all the
contents of a web folder. One way to do that is to put an "index.html"
page in there that says something like "no access" or "no permission"
or, as I have a couple places on my web server, a redirect link that
bounces the viewer back to the home page. The HTML code for that would
look something like:

It's that simple. Just a little trick I learned from someone else...

Curt Olson