Edirol UA-1X

Subject: Edirol UA-1X
From: "1GDW" <>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 00:38:41 -0000
I have a new computer and it has an onboard sound card.  The onboard
card works ok but I also have a new device for the A/D from my mini
disk.  The device is an Edirol USB audio interface model UA-1X.  I
am trying this unit for the first time and can not transfer any
sound from my minidisk or hear sound from my computer.
The Computer is XP OS and I have plenty of horse power .
The CODEC files are loaded and I have the playback and record set
to  CODEC in the sounds and Audio devices window.  I have volume
controls for the playback showing but no controls for record.
The UA-1X powers up and I can hear the sound from the minidisk with
headphones plugged into the UA-1X,  If I play a sound with the
computer it plays back through the onboard sound card.  I am using
Audition 1.5 to record and playback.

The USB device manual says that the sound card will be disabled when
the USB is plugged in.

Any suggestions?

Gerald White  Muscatine IA