Re: CD Printer

Subject: Re: CD Printer
From: "John Hartog" <>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 04:49:57 -0000
"oryoki2000" <> wrote:

> I have none of the problems John Harzog describes.  It's no big
deal
> to insert the CD carrier, no special cleaning of the printer is
> required,

The instructions say to clean it between CDs.

>and the ink is dry to the touch moments after the CD is
> ejected by the printer.

I don't know, I thought I followed the instructions but I may have
used the wrong settings and printed too heavily or something.
The instructions recommended something like a full day of
drying.

> John, are you sure you're printing onto a CD that has an inkjet
> coating on it?=20

Yes, I used the same brand and style as the sample CD that
came with the printer - Memorex Printable, I think.

The printable surface of the CD should look matte
> white or matte silver.  If the surface is shiny, it's not meant for
an
> inkjet printer. If you print onto a standard shiny CD surface, the
ink
> will never dry.
>
> --oryoki
But hey, the price is right.  And if I didn't already own a printer that
worked just fine, I suppose I would have kept it.  I admit I didn't=20
give it much of a chance.  I only printed three or four times - just
enough to know it was not what I wanted.  And I'm glad it is
working well for you.
--John Hartog