Re: CD Printer

Subject: Re: CD Printer
From: "John Hartog" <>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 01:10:31 -0000
I bought an Epson R200 a couple weeks ago, but it didn't work out
for me, so I returned it.  I was hoping it would be an improvement
over printing on disc labels, but it really wasn't.
The cd loading tray was clumsy to work with: you have to line it up
with arrows (and under good light) on the printer each time, and
there is no place on the printer to store the tray. The rollers need
to be cleaned between each cd by feeding paper through; otherwise
they will smear on the cd =96 too much fidgeting for each cd.
The print quality was not that good: it left visible stripes
matching the rollers - I think from pressure of the rollers
smoothing the texture of the cd's printable surface. The ink takes
forever to dry: they recommend drying for 24 hours, but after drying
a week it was still sticky enough to leave a visible thumbprint when
I pressed on it.
-John Hartog

--- In  "oryoki2000" <>