Pre-amps for binaural microphones

Subject: Pre-amps for binaural microphones
From: David Shepherd <>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:54:11 +0100 (CET)
Dear all

I am an electroacoustic composer living in Vienna and almost exclusively us=
e environmental recordings for my compositions.  For the past three years I=
 have been using OKM studio microphones, an A-3 adapter with a mini-disc.  =
This is ideal for me as I like to travel around the world when I can afford=
 it!!! And I always travel light.  My compositions are predominately site-s=
pecific and I=92m keen to continue with this format.  I am interested in en=
vironmental/urban noise and believe I have only just scratched the surface =
as to where I can take this.

I am having some problems with the A-3 adapter and am interested to know of=
 other cheap alternatives that I could use as I have no idea how I can fix =
the problem.

I heard about this group from a friend and am looking forward to participat=
ing in future discussion.

All the best

David Shepherd

=09=09