Re: edirol R-1

Subject: Re: edirol R-1
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:36:32 -0600
>Rob wrote about the R-1:
>
>>  For $200 more than a Sony 900 HiMD one gets:
>
>>  Really [long?] recording times/massive Storage on its 40GB internal
>>  drive.
>
>Ummm, correct me if I'm wrong, I thought it was a CF-only device!?
>
>Maybe this was part of a second list comparing the mythical Sound Devices
>722? :)
>
>  aaron

Correct me, I'm wrong. I was reading about the Edirol R-4 this
morning and merged that feature. Thanks. This gives Sony a
significant edge on media cost but neither recorder provide back up
without extra steps. CF's are too expensive to use just once and one
can only transfer a HiMD formatted disk once through SoundStage via
usb. Haven't lost anything yet though. Rob D.